Tuesday, September 16, 2008

K has an announcement to make!


Yep, that’s right. I’m preggers! The baby is due March 29 so I’m hoping that gives us enough time to settle into the new place before life gets crazy again. It’s been an interesting first tri- and I am very thankful to be nearing the end of it. Although I wasn’t nearly as sick as I was with K (practically bed-ridden for 6 weeks) I haven’t felt good in quite awhile and the smell or thought of Arab food just sends my stomach reeling. Imagine trying to avoid that one here!

Everyone asks about the medical care in Jordan and it is actually quite good. Yesterday I went in for my second ultrasound (my appt. was at 9:30pm thanks to Ramadan!) and it was neat, I’ve never had a 4D scan done before which allows you to see the baby in color. They do three of these throughout the pregnancy and a regular ultrasound at every visit. I am not really a fan of overdoing the ultrasounds but the Dr. is rather insistent so I’m not sure what to do about that.

So far, everything looks fine and I am hoping that I won’t have to worry about this pregnancy as much as I did the last one. The hospital is a state of the art facility that people from around the mid-east come to for delivery. When I visited a friend who delivered there last month, I was shocked to see her delivery “suite” consisted of four rooms! More like a hotel suite than hospital room. I’m sure I will wish I had delivered there when I’m crammed into a room in the States with J sleeping on a rocking chair! It was so funny on my first visit; the Dr. actually ended our meeting quickly because “Her Majesty” was on her way over for a visit! That’s the first time I’ve heard that excuse from a Dr. so I could only feign my offense : ) Hopefully I’ll be able to report the sex next month, we’re all anxious in this house to find out! K is precious though. When we talk about the baby, she just looks at my tummy and says “Out”! She is ready to be a big sister now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to be a nanny(auntie)again. So excited for you guys!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gratulara S and J !!

Rest easy and we hope to see you back here soon.

Dana said...

Congrats! You are amazing - all this traveling and strange food while prego?! I think you should have stuck around to meet "Her Majesty". You only have a few more months to check that one off the to-do list.

S. said...

A friend of mine was at stoplight a few weeks ago and "HM" was driving the car next to her! Turns out she still drives herself around town, including her kids to school. As if she wasn't perfect enough already ;) Now how in the heck am I going to meet her?! I need a plan fast...

Unknown said...

Kaylin you will be a great big sister!! Oh...and congrats Jorn and Stacie I suppose too. :)

Tami said...

Congrats to the whole family! Can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy and how big sister adjusts as the little one makes his/her way into the world. Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Stacy! What exciting news. And your little girl is adorable. I'll keep you in my thoughts for a healthy and uneventful pregnancy. Again, congrats