
Last week we invited a Jordanian family that J knows over for dinner. It was quite interesting in many regards. This is a photo of me wearing the traditional dress that they brought me. It was a very touching gift because these dresses are handmade and take many hours to embroider. It fit perfectly and I felt like Queen Noor wearing it since she always wore those types of dresses. It was interesting to watch them with their baby. I've been told that people feed babies everything here and I finally saw it with my own eyes. Tomatoes, bread, spaghetti sauce and OJ all to a 4 month old! The most interesting part of the night was when J's friend told us about the recent murder of his cousin. He said that in order to protect family honour they are planning to murder the murderer soon. Wow- premeditated murder plans made in my living room, now I've heard it all! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment