Saturday, March 29, 2008

On the road again...

We leave this week for a two-week trip to Oman and the United Arab Emirates. After we fly in, we are renting an SUV and driving all over the place. It should be a really amazing time, Oman is supposedly very beautiful (and hot!) and UAE is very, very rich. I read that in Abu Dhabi every resident is at least a millionaire! This will be an interesting change from here to say the least. I also can't wait for Dubai- I asked J to book us at the 7-star but unfortunately, we can't afford $5000 a night! Can you even imagine? Maybe I can just look in the lobby! At the end of the trip, J will head to Saudi for a few nights and I'll stay with my friend in Muscat. I am anxious to hear J's thoughts about Saudi, our friends last night were telling us about witnessing the executions in "chop-chop square". They still have public beheadings! Again, can you even imagine? Of course they also pay pennies to fill their gas tanks!

Please keep us in your prayers for safe travel everywhere. Talk to you all again soon!

No comments: