Saturday, February 16, 2008
Date night
J and I finally got out for a night out alone- feels like its been a really long time since we haven't gone out here yet. K was not happy of course, she had LOTS of one on one time with us in Egypt so she cried when the sitter arrived. Speaking of sitters, it is so wonderful to come home to a spotless house, three loads of laundry put away and ironed and all for $4 an hour - the last time we had a sitter in MN we came home to a trashed house and she called us in the middle of my brother's wedding toast to ask if she could invite a friend over. For $8 an hour she can sit on the couch and watch TV alone! sorry, couldn't help myself. We arrived at our chosen restaurant at 7 only to find that it didn't even open until 8- we really need to get used to the late dinners around here. We walked across the street, feeling adventurous and landed ourselves in I suppose what you could consider a bar- Mid east style. We laughed when the waiter brought us ketchup to go with our salads- I'm sure they think Americans eat ketchup with everything since we were the only table to get it. We also tried the sheesha. A rather disappointing smoke despite being mixed fruit flavored. Everyone was doing it so we figured when in Rome... def no buzz so we're not sure why the big draw. The good thing was that although the restaurant was filled with smoke- it didn't smell bad at all. The ride home was funny, the Taxi driver insisted on playing The Gambler for us. Since our move, I've heard Kenny Rogers on the radio more than I have in a lifetime. He really should tour here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment