Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

To all the wonderful mothers I know, and mother's-to-be, I wish you a FANTASTIC day! I feel really blessed when I think about my Mom, Mother-in-law, and Grandma's today and what role models they are to me. Sometimes (like others I'm sure) I wonder if I can ever measure up to my mom when it comes to raising my own daughter. The following questions run thru my mind: Will I drop whatever I'm doing at any given moment, at least once a day, just to chit-chat? (Hopefully K even wants to talk to me that much!) Will I remember all of my daughter's friends from high school on, and continue to ask about them now and then? Will I promise to watch Oprah everyday in case something that that could potentially save her life one day is discussed? Will I remember to make bran muffins immediately after my daughter gives birth to alleviate any potential for constipation? Will I be the example that my mom is to me in caring about (and for!) the people that cannot care for themselves, including her mantra that "people matter more than anything"? Will I sit my daughter and her husband down for fun tasks such as figuring out their personality type or their "love language" because I really care that they have a great marriage? Will I remember to lovingly fill her inbox (both voice and electronic) with messages such as 'don't forget to watch for deer' and 'The Bachelor's on Oprah today'? Will I forgive her for moving halfway around the world routinely? (never!) Will I tell her, often, that she looks great (when she really needs to hear it), is a fabulous decorator (not true but v. appreciated) and a good cook (again, not true, but effort rewarded so also appreciated). When she comes to visit, will I wake up early to serve her coffee cake in bed and stay up late enough to watch all the really fun shows? More importantly, will K look at me and also wonder; "How would I ever make it a day without my mom???" I love you mom, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY. See you THURSDAY!!!!!! A mud wrap at the spa awaits :)))

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too Stacie. Have fun with your parents when they come.
I love you.
Grandma P.

S. said...

Love you too Gram!!! xox

Anonymous said...

Hi Stacie!

Happy (belated) Mother's Day to you! I just happened to be looking for something in "my favorites" and thought I'd see what was new with you! Always an adventure I see. Even though it's been how many years??? (too long) it doesn't look like you've changed a bit! Good for you.
(I've had to switch from dying my hair for fun to dying it out of necessity)! I'm so glad things are going so well for you and your family.

Take care!
Jamie

S. said...

Jamie!!! I was JUST thinking about you last week! We still have your awesome Christmas card up :) Thanks for writing! I hope you guys are doing great! I can totally relate to the hair thing, when did we get so darn old? I think a reunion is overdue! Miss U!