Saturday, May 3, 2008

Ball night



Last night was the Military Ball, we had fun and again, it was another wild night for the Embassy crew- I had to drag J off the dance floor after my feet decided they couldn't go on (oh and my shoes broke, Cori- the ones I wore in your wedding, can you believe I still have them?) I decided to go "Hollywood" this time and copied my dress after Katherine Heigl's Oscar dress, just printed off a picture from the net, brought it to the seamstress and viola!
A friend here owns a jewelry store so she let me pick out $6,000 + worth of diamonds to wear, so fun! (too bad I had to return them today) It was nice to feel glamorous for a little while though. I couldn't resist playing a joke on J and telling him that I actually bought the jewels on a shopping trip, the first time I've "gotten him" in a long time.
The best part of the night was J, after 10 years of marriage he doesn't shock me very often but last night he did. He performed an army skit in front of everyone that was HELARIOUS; he really hammed it up and surprised the whole room. So many people told me that it was the best one they'd seen! I would have taped it had I not been so stunned by his acting skills. He had the entire room captivated. What a night!

6 comments:

Kelly Schwark said...

S- you looked amazing! Your hair looks so good and red definitely is your color! As far as little K and the phone bills, we can thank God that we live in the “unlimited minutes” age! I think my parents are STILL paying off the phone bills from when F would call collect from school! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you still have those shoes! You looked great, too ... I love the dress!
--Cori

Anonymous said...

Hot Momma in Red!!!!You look amazing.Is your twin Princes Diana??

S. said...

whoever said that I will pay you later ;)))

Anonymous said...

Stacie you look exquisite!!! You blew Katherine Heigl out of the water! What a beautiful couple you are. =)

Karrn Bales said...

Wow! You are GORGEOUS!