That's right, today is Easter in Jordan. J's attending a Jordanian course for the next six weeks (He calls it “Lost in Translation”) so we didn't make it to church this morning but we did attend a mixed, Arabic and English service on Good Friday. It was Awesome! Singing one of my favorite hymns, How Great Thou Art in both languages really gave me goose bumps, such a beautiful service and the highlight of our week. Other than that, we didn't do much- visited Madaba yesterday to see the famous Mosaics all over town and a beautiful Greek Orthodox church which made me think of you, Amelia! Also, Mt. Nebo where Moses looked out on the Promise land (unfortunately covered by the clouds so we didn't get a good photo). Next time.
I hosted the Embassy playgroup last Wed, that was crazy- 15+ kids, lots of nannies and moms and gallons of coffee. Should really have taken a photo of my house afterwards, looked like a tornado hit and "swirled" the toys around everywhere! At least K's still at a nice age where she doesn't mind sharing her toys :) I appreciated Jane's help too, within an hour she had the place looking back to normal again. She really is a dream- she finally admitted to being a trained masseuse too! (yes, I know, gag!) For a little extra money J and I have been spoiled by her, does this make you want to visit us? I hope so! I promised Pep several massages during her visit in a couple of weeks, you too if you make the trip!! (Shannon?!) Life here has gotten better, although I miss my family and friends like crazy sometimes, I am also realizing that I may never have it this good again and that thought makes me savor this year. Well, Happy (belated) Easter everyone! Till next week..........
Sunday, April 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment